Sunday, 6 May 2007

Continuous fine tuning...


Sunday afternoon at Impact and a few members of the senior team assemble for more extreme sparring fitness work under Mr Banicevich's "command". Tons of energy is being exerted with timed intense sparring and short one minute breaks.




A Little later Luke and Mark demonstrate their prowess with their pre-arranged sparring sequence. To avoid giving away any secrets to the offshore competition I'm refraining from showing much here... It's impressive to watch! I got my shot of the day with this...



Luke puts in a few sidekicks and this time we capture a 24 frame sequence. That's one frame every 1/5th of a second. If you have broadband, click the link and select slideshow then select 1 second intervals. It kinda works ;-)

Luke has joined them together into an animated gif.



Carolina does some more work on her patterns with both Mr Breen and Mr Banecivich critiquing. I managed to capture a great shot of her reflected in the huge mirrors...



The light conditions are superb in this room on a sunny afternoon with the sunlight streaming through the high windows offering lots of contrast and photographic challenge. Today I borrowed a second Digital SLR camera from work to try using two cameras so that I don't have to keep changing between my two favourite lenses all the time. I wanted to experiement having two cameras around my neck to see whether it worked and it was great. One for close ups (18-55mm zoom) and one for distant shots (70-300 zoom). Worked well for about 15 minutes until the battery in the borrowed camera died after about 30 shots. Ah well, another lesson learned!!

More photos of the training today...

1 comment:

  1. Here is that side kick sequence made into a gif I have deleted some of the frames makes it run smoother.

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/Waiuku/me-2.gif

    ReplyDelete